Was the victim of a crime and am not sure what to do now

Welcome! You have now arrived at our web site designed to provide you with information about what to do if you, or someone you know, was the victim of a crime and are not sure what to do now. If you have been the victim of a specific crime, such as rape, relationship violence, stalking, etc. please see our web sites that explain exactly what to do in these specific situations. Even if you are not sure whether or not a crime has occurred, you should still follow the same procedures as you would for any other crime situation.

Safety First!

  • Go to a safe place, and call 911 if you are hurt or in immediate danger.
  • If you have been physically abused or assaulted, get medical attention immediately.
  • Contact the police, and tell them that you would like to file an incident report.
  • Contact the UFPD Office of Victim Services at (352) 392-5648 or (352) 392-1111. A victim advocate can help you with medical, legal, and counseling services, including filling out a police report.